Friday, May 6, 2011

The Blessed

I've been looking for this book in the various libraries that I've been a part of and finally found it recently. This is the final book in "The Gifted" series and I have enjoyed each one of the books. I find the time period interesting since it takes place in the 1200's and deals with the growing power of the church and the political power the Pope has. This group of people who are the "Gifted" are sent on a journey to restore the church to its original intent. Along the way they are teaching people, reading the Bible in the native tongue and baptizing people. The Church is in an outrage over it and the "Gifted" may be executed because of it. Not only are they battling the Church but there is a great evil that is trying to destroy them as well. I really recommend this series, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment