Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Hunger Games



So I started reading the Hunger Games trilogy and loved them. Once I started, I couldn't put them down. I think its a great concept for a book and it was fascinating. The Hunger Games is a punishment to the "Districts of Panem" for rebelling against the Capitol. 2 children from each district must battle to the death each year as a reminder of what happens when you go against your government. Once I finished the first book I had a hard time believing I would like the second as much. Well I did like it as much and it was also really good. The story was a continuation and not forced which happens sometimes in trilogies like this. In the final book, the war continues and we are taken through Katniss's struggles as she tries to be who everyone wants her to be but she's struggling with figuring out who she is. Can't blame her considering she's 17 and has seen more violence than most have in a lifetime (at least in this country). Very well done books that are more than just teens killing teens because they are forced to. Its also about standing up for what you believe in and willing to do what it takes. There's also a love story woven in there which is quite complicated but by the end is worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment